TAB offers a full bouquet of betting on Thursday’s race meeting at Salon De Provence.
To help punters with their selections, here follows a one-liner on the chances of each runner for every race, a short preview of every race, as well as selections, as provided by Paris Mutuel Urbain (PMU), the leading horse racing operator in Europe and the third largest pari-mutuel company in the world.
- BOBYDARGENT – Had a good start to the year on fibresand but not so effective recently and must reaffirm.
- THE LIVE FREEDOM – Has appeared held in last two races off his current rating. Only a place chance.
- LE KAKOU – In good form, winner of his last two starts and likely to be involved again.
- VAROKI – Opened his account at the 6th attempt at La Teste over 1800m. Inconsistent since but has claims.
- LE BEQUET – Rewarded for consistency with last-start success and in current shape should be competitive again.
- SANDY DREAM – Seldom runs a bad race but more effective in the claiming division. Outsider.
- INFINITE PASSION – Been in very good form this year. Looks capable of winning off her current mark and has a big chance.
- ZERATI – In good form, distance suited and quite capable of winning a race like this. Player.
- LE MARAIS – Has been unreliable but remains capable and could have more to offer after changing stables.
- SENS DU RYTHME – Modest in two comeback runs but could have more to offer in his peak outing off current mark
(8) ZERATI finished a good second in a stronger race last time when aiming to complete her hat-trick and a drop in both class and distance could see her return to winning ways in this competitive opening contest. In-form (3) LE KAKOU is likely to pose a threat in his hat-trick bid, though fellow last-start winner (5) LE BEQUET could have a say too. Both (7) INFINITE PASSION and (1) BOBYDARGENT are others with earning potential.
(8) ZERATI – (3) LE KAKOU – (5) LE BEQUET – (7) INFINITE PASSION
- CLEVELAND – Has shown little in two starts so is hard to recommend on that evidence.
- BELGOPRINCE – Not far off the mark in three of his four starts but not done enough to win this. Place chance.
- MISTER BINT – Well beaten on debut and is best watched until showing improvement. Others preferred.
- JO PICKETT – Mafki gelding who caught the eye on debut over 1800m when finishing 2nd. Will have more to offer.
- RANCO – Pleased when finishing 4th on debut and should be wiser to the task now. Include.
- HELIOS DETE – Not disgraced on debut 4th behind (4) JO PICKETT. Will know more about the business.
- DIVINPOETE – Showed little on debut. Will only improve but is best watched for now.
- KARMOUTCHO – Twice 3rd in as many starts. Has earning potential but needs to do more to win.
- ROBINSON – Gelded Thierry Lemer-trained newcomer by Sidestep. Matthias Lauron rides.
- SUPER VISOR – Well-related Motivator gelding from the stable of Cedric Rossi. Ioritz Mendizabal rides.
- BLUE PARK – Poet’s Voice newcomer who Franck Blondel rides for trainer Frederic Rossi.
- SEKKU – Jerome Reynier-trained Rock of Gibraltar colt who is one to make note of on debut.
(4) JO PICKETT caught the eye on debut when outrunning big odds to finish 2nd over 1800m at Marseille-Borely. He would have improved with that experience and, being a son of Mafki, should appreciate the underfoot conditions too. (6) HELIOS DETE finished 4th behind the selection on his introduction and with improvement could close the gap to that rival. (5) RANCO has claims too after a pleasing debut and is one of three runners in the race for Jerome Reynier, who also sends out the selection as well as newcomer to make note of (12) SEKKU.
(4) JO PICKETT – (6) HELIOS DETE – (5) RANCO – (12) SEKKU
- LADY MINX – Consistent filly with solid form credentials. Will have a role to play if overcoming wide draw.
- DIVA DU DANCING – Seldom far off the mark but has not done enough to be winning this. Place chance.
- BANDIT CORSE – Modest form in three starts not enough to warrant inclusion here. Hard to recommend.
- SOUVENIR D’OCTOBRE – Caught the eye on debut at a higher level and is likely to have come on with the run. Player.
- TAMAROSE – Twice 4th prior to her disappointing last run. Capable of better and could play a minor role.
- HAGAR BERE – Made improvement when to dropped to this level last time, winning at Niems. Must confirm.
- SIR BECQUAILLE – Down the field in both starts and required to improve to feature. Watch for now.
- LADY MAX – Showed good improvement last time out but needs to find more to have a say.
- MOONLIGHT BREEZE – Well beaten in both starts so hard to make a case for. Others preferred.
- HANNIE CAULDER – Cockney Rebel filly with no form credentials to warrant consideration.
- LAVOICI – Has shown little to get excited about and can be easily passed over. Others preferred.
- VERTI LOU – Was a career-best 2nd in a maiden over 1850m at Agen two starts back. Chance on that form.
- ZAMANA – George Vancouver filly who was well beaten on debut. Improvement needed.
- SANY WAY – Well beaten in both starts so hard to make a case for. Others preferred.
(4) SOUVENIR D’OCTOBRE made a promising debut at Marseille-Vivaux, finishing 5th on the fibresand at a higher level. She would’ve learned plenty from that experience and, if not too inconvenienced by the switch to the turf, should be a leading player dropped to the claiming division. (6) HAGAR BERE scored at this level recently and is likely to challenge for honours again if reproducing that Nimes performance here.
(4) SOUVENIR D’OCTOBRE – (6) HAGAR BERE – (2) DIVA DU DANCING – (1) LADY MINX
- ANA CLAMATION – Has shown promise on both the turf and PSF. Should have a role to play.
- LADY LILNOI – Well beaten in both starts so little to get excited about. Others preferred.
- TERRE DE LEGENDRE – Showing good improvement lately and with further progress could get a look in.
- POINTE ROUGE – Has finished 2nd in three of her last four starts so must be respected.
- BAYEUX – Well-related Champ Elysees filly who pleased on debut and will be wiser to the task now.
- GREY HYPPY – Well beaten 8th on her introduction. Can only improve but is best watched for now.
- CHICHIOLINA – Showed promise on debut but has regressed in both starts since. Blinkers could bring about progress.
- MOKO – Runner-up on debut at Marseille-Vivaux but has not won in five starts since. Others preferred.
- MISS PENNY LAUJAC – Well beaten in both starts so little to get excited about. Others preferred.
- MANDLEFT – Manduro filly who caught the eye when finishing 3rd on debut. Should have more to offer.
- PETOCHE – Well beaten in each of her three outings so is hard to recommend here.
- SALSA D’OCTOBRE – Kingsalsa debutante from the stable of Ronny Martens. Sylvain Ruis rides.
- ALIZE DE VASSY – Valentin Seguy rides this Saddler Maker newcomer for Sebastien Culin. Watch the betting for clues.
- TORANOVA – Well-bred Toronado filly trained by Frederic Rossi. Franck Blondel rides.
Many with chances in this big field but it could pay to follow Toronado debutante (14) TORANOVA from the outset as this Frederic Rossi-trained filly is bred to appreciate the underfoot conditions she is likely to encounter in a field lacked of any depth. (10) MANDLEFT, (5) BAYEUX, (3) TERRE DE LEGENDRE and (1) ANA CLAMATION all have both the experience and form credentials to play a leading role in the outcome too.
(14) TORANOVA – (10) MANDLEFT – (5) BAYEUX – (3) TERRE DE LEGENDRE
- JACK SPARROW – Has struggled for some time now and will need to find a few lengths to win this race.
- RAJELINE – Distance suited and is in good form of late. Should fight out the finish.
- MULTIDEAL – Has been struggling this year. Capable of doing better and could be dangerous off this handicap rating.
- PERLE NONANTAISE – Unreliable. Probably needs to do more to win but could pop up in the places.
- BESLON – Fair form on the PSF of late. May need to do more to win but could earn some minor money.
- ABSOLUTE SUMMER – Fair form of late. Has a winning chance in this line-up over a distance that suits.
- ODE ONE – Fair third last time out. A bit unreliable but is clearly not out of it.
- PEDRO DEL RIO – Unreliable. Fair fourth last time out. Does have a winning chance if repeating that effort.
- VOLSTORA – Well tried this year without winning. Disappointing last run. Capable of better. Chance.
- MOLESNE CHOP – Well beaten in his last 2 starts. Steps up to 2000m and has a winning chance.
- SUPRANA – Struggled on the turf last time out. Probably better on the PSF. Others are preferred.
- RAGAZZINO – Mostly modest form so far and will need major improvement to win this race.
- ICE MAN STAR – Has really struggled this year and is likely to need this run returning from a break.
- MOT DE PASSE – Seems to have lost his way of late and does need major improvement to win.
An open looking race and it should be a competitive finish. (2) RAJELINE is coming off a nice win and although she carries a penalty she could follow up. (9) VOLSTORA could be at peak fitness and is clearly better than her last run would suggest. (6) ABSOLUTE SUMMER is holding form and does have a winning chance. (3) MULTIDEAL also has a winning chance.
(2) RAJELINE – (9) VOLSTORA – (6) ABSOLUTE SUMMER – (3) MULTIDEAL
- OCTOKING – Seven-time winner from fifty-three starts. Although he does well at this course, he will need to improve many lengths on recent 16th to beat the market leaders.
- ORGARCON – Has come out the victor in three of last five outings, including latest at Saint Cloud. Chance.
- ROSNY – If this ten-time winner’s last four results when unplaced are to be trusted, he is highly unlikely to trouble the selection.
- JUST A FORMALITY – Has won at this venue and considering last four boast a win and two thirds, he looks a serious player.
- WOODMAX – Has finished ninth in last two appearances and on those results will need to improve many lengths to win. Look elsewhere.
- JEVOUSVOISENCORE – Won a claimer and a handicap at Vichy in August and has been threatening ever since. Third in latest and should finish in the mix-up.
- BLUE HILLS – She is unbeaten at this venue and has finished close-up second in four of last six runs. Fourth at Lyon-Parilly last time – one to beat.
- KADNIKOV – Seldom finishes far from the action and was on a two-run winning streak prior to finish fourth recently. Chance.
- MOUT – Dual winner who has only run a place in three of seventeen outings. Fourth last time and on best form could sneak into the picture.
- PANAMERAS – Of late, when not winning races, this four-time tends to fill the minor money placings.
- ITS ALL CLASS – Eight-time winner who has finished close-up in three of last four starts. On this evidence, he could have a say.
- MON JULES A MOI – Although still a maiden, he rarely finishes far from the action and his form proves this having placed in seven of thirteen starts. Joker in the pack.
- DESTINATA – Long-time maiden who has only run a place in three of fifteen starts. Others are preferred.
- SIMFAUST –
(7) BLUE HILLS is unbeaten at this racetrack and has finished close-up second in four of last six starts. She was far from disgraced when fourth recently – expect massive improvement. Since recording a double in August, (6) JEVOUSVOISENCORE, has been threatening. He finished third in latest and should finish in the mix-up again. Both (9) MOUT and (4) JUST A FORMALITY have the right form credentials to win a race of this nature and should not be underestimated
(7) BLUE HILLS – (6) JEVOUSVOISENCORE – (4) JUST A FORMALITY – (9) MOUT
- NO SURRENDER – Has been threatening since winning at ParisLongchamp in May. He finished a game second most recently and with further improvement should be hard to peg back.
- LILY’S CUPCAKE – Best ignore her latest sixth-place finish. She recorded a victory and three seconds prior and on that form looks a lively contender for top honours.
- ART OF FUSION – Followed up penultimate triumph with an eye-catching third at Lyon-Parilly. Be in the shake-up.
- CALADIYNA – Although she has ability and knows how to win, she is hard to recommend for the win on recent eighth-place finish. Place chance at best.
- TCHUCKY CHOP – If this dual winner sparks further improvement on recent Marseille Vivaux second, he will finish in the mix-up again.
- NICE CAUSE – Will need to improve many lengths on current form to trouble a lot of these rivals.
- BLUES MUSIC – Has recorded two of her four wins at this venue and has also placed in last three starts here. Big player.
- ALHSEEMAH – One-time winner who has only run a place in five of 23 appearances. Place chance at best.
- GREATOLO – Hard to make a case for having finished seventh in three of last four attempts.
- SALUT LIONEL – Five-time winner who has been forced to settle for the runner-up spot in last two performances at Marseille-Borely. Shortlist.
- DILBER – Prior to disappointing in last two efforts, she registered a victory and two thirds. If she brings that form to the course, could sneak into the frame.
- PETITE MILANAISE – Simply doesn’t know to run a bad race. Won latest at Lyon-Parilly well and if she reproduces anything close to that performance will fight out the finish.
- SHERMAN OAKS – Although this 14-time winner’s previous form is sketchy, there was a lot to like about his most recent offering when runner-up at Marseille Vivaux. Each way chance.
- AMIE INTIME – Has battled in both starts at this venue and will need to improve a few lengths on recent sixth to win this. Place chance.
Dual winner (1) NO SURRENDER makes most appeal having finished close-up second in three of last five appearances. Two of (7) BLUES MUSIC’s four wins were recorded at this course and she has place in last three starts here – big player. Five-time winner (10) SALUT LIONEL has been forced to settle for the runner-up position in last two starts. It is only a matter of time before his consistency is rewarded. If (12) PETITE MILANAISE reproduces anything close to latest triumph she will fight out the finish today
(1) NO SURRENDER – (7) BLUES MUSIC – (10) SALUT LIONEL – (12) PETITE MILANAISE