Tuesday’s race meeting at Pau in France promises to be a cracker. Here’s a summary of every race with selections as provided by Pari Mutual Urbain (PMU).
- GALANT DU CHENET – Impressive winner on his chase debut at Auteuil in November and won here last month. Leading player.
- GAMIN D’OUDAIRIES – Won a newcomers chase here by seven lengths last month and is likely to be in the mix again.
- THATSMYSEAT – Three lengths second behind (1) GALANT DU CHENET here last time out. Her day will come.
- GAI LURON – Runner up behind (2) GAMIN D’OUDAIRIES in a newcomers chase here last month.
- WABBA – One win from eighteen starts which came in a claimer on the flat at La Teste Buch in June. Not recommended.
Guillaume Macaire holds the key to the opening race and preference is for (1) GALANT DU CHENET who was an impressive winner on his chase debut at Auteuil in November and won here last month. Stable companion (2) GAMIN D’OUDAIRIES won a newcomers chase here by seven lengths from (4) GAI LURON last month and can confirm those placings.
(1) GALANT DU CHENET – (2) GAMIN D’OUDAIRIES – (4) GAI LURON – (3) THATSMYSEAT
- MON PRESTIGE – Won two chases here last winter including a handicap in January. Good second in a hurdle race at Auteuil in March and third on his reappearance over hurdles here last month. Interesting.
- EDEN CONTI – Lightly-raced gelding who has won three of his seven career starts including a chase on his reappearance at Bordeaux in October. Third behind Candalex here last month. Can have a say.
- FAUCON – One win from twelve which came in a handicap chase at Auteuil in September. Well beaten eight of nine behind Fortuitous in a hurdle race here last month. Carries a 4 Kg penalty today. Respected.
- CAMBIKO – Two victories over fences at Machecoul and Compiegne early last year. A well beaten last of nine finishers in a handicap hurdle here last month. Faces a stiff test here today.
- ECUME ATLANTIQUE – Posted a pair of solid efforts in this code at Auteuil and Lyon Parilly last spring but not as effective since returning from the summer break. Makes his handicap debut today.
- DATCHA DES MOTTES – Consistent mare over both fences and hurdles with four wins from twenty two career starts. Pulled up in a hurdle race here last month. Has work to do to get involved here today.
- CALINIGHT – Resumed with an eight placed finish behind (10) PRETENDER ALANA in a handicap chase here last month following a 249 days absence. Dropped 1 Kg in the weights today but hard to recommend.
- COCODY DU BANCO – Enjoyed some good success over the bigger fences in 2019 with wins at Fontainebleau and Auteuil. Won a handicap hurdle here earlier this month and is not without a chance today.
- EVER FORGET ME – Lightly-raced last season but has generally been consistent with wins at Lion-D’Angers and Auteuil. Runner up behind (10) PRETENDER ALANA in a handicap chase here last month and has a chance.
- PRETENDER ALANA – Won over both hurdles and the bigger fences at the start of last year. Returned from an eight month absence to win a handicap chase here last month. Raised 3 Kg today but is respected.
- D’JANGO – Came back from the summer break to win by twenty lengths in a handicap chase at Fontainebleau in November and was a fair fourth behind (10) PRETENDER ALANA in a handicap chase here last month.
- ELECTION – Went off the mark in a conditions chase on her eight attempt at Compiegne in September. Fourth of six behind No Risk For You in a chase at Auteuil last time out in November. Stiff test today.
- SOLIDAM – Runner up behind Candalex in a conditions chase here last month. Still a maiden after twelve starts but has some decent placed form and could be well handicapped here. Worth a look.
- GO FOR DE HOUELLE – One time winner from twenty five career starts. He has had health problems and was a well beaten seventh in a hurdle race here last month. Capable on his day and could run in to a place.
- SOLDIER’S QUEEN – Five time winner from thirty four starts including a handicap chase at Compiegne last April. A close third in a handicap hurdle here earlier this month. Might find a few too good today.
- EMBRUN D’OUDAIRIES – One success from thirteen career outings and some fair enough placed form. Fifth of seven behind Amirande in a chase here last month. Faces a tough test in this company today.
Although still a maiden after twelve starts (13) SOLIDAM has some decent placed form including runner up behind Candalex in a conditions chase here last month. He looks well handicapped here and gets a tentative vote ahead of (1) MON PRESTIGE who was third on his reappearance over hurdles here last month and is likely to be in the mix again today. (10) PRETENDER ALANA was an easy winner here last month and cannot be ruled out despite a penalty. (8) COCODY DU BANCO and (3) FAUCON are next best.
(13) SOLIDAM – (1) MON PRESTIGE – (10) PRETENDER ALANA – (8) COCODY DU BANCO – (3) FAUCON – (9) EVER FORGET ME – (2) EDEN CONTI – (14) GO FOR DE HOUELLE
- FALCO DELAVILLIERE – Has been a complete write-off since last July and is hard to fancy on that evidence.
- MILK BAR – Five time winner from forty seven career runs. Dropped in class today and must be respected.
- SHAMATORIO – Modest recent efforts do little to inspire confidence and he needs to improve on those.
- BARODAR – Enjoyed mixed fortune last year but he was second in a claimer on the PSF at Pornichet in November.
- LA MISS – A dual winner from twenty five starts. Struggling for form at the moment and is hard to recommend.
- WATNEY – Runner up behind Laris in a Class 3 handicap here earlier this month. Can be in the mix.
- JOBURG – A dual winner from twenty five career runs. Two poor efforts at Toulouse last month.
- MYTHICAL CREATURE – Failed to make the frame in ten starts last year and a poor effort here last week.
- TILO – Four wins from twenty seven starts including a claimer here last January. Place claims.
- JULLOUVILLE – Three times a winner from twenty two runs and a fair third in a claimer at Toulouse last month. Respected.
(2) MILK BAR has shown his limitations in handicaps, but this looks a poor enough contest and dropped in class here, he can record his sixth career success. (6) WATNEY was runner up behind Laris in a Class 3 handicap here earlier this month and looks the main danger. (10) JULLOUVILLE and (9) TILO can make the frame.
(2) MILK BAR – (6) WATNEY – (10) JULLOUVILLE – (9) TILO
- SILVER HORSE – A well beaten third behind Moises Has over hurdles at Auteuil last time out in November.
- HITMAN – Runner up behind Zeply on his debut in a newcomers hurdle here last month. Can go one better today.
- ZEBZARDEE – A fair fourth over hurdles at Auteuil in October but was pulled up there last time out in November.
- NORDHAL GRIEG – Showed limited ability in four runs on the flat and was pulled up on his hurdle debut here last month.
- DELAVO – A well beaten fifth behind Thenac in a newcomers hurdle here last month. Needs to improve.
- ROVANTHUS – Has done little of note in five starts to date including three times over hurdles. Overlooked.
- TORONTAS – Faded to finished a distant twelfth of seventeen over hurdles here a week ago. Has a lot to find.
- GENET – Disappointing seventh over hurdles here last month but is capable of better. Place prospects.
- AVEN JOA – By Evasive and is a half brother to Alpha Joa who was a Listed hurdle winner at Auteuil.
- COOLABAH – By Nathaniel and will be the third foal to run out of a dam that has yet to produce a winner.
(2) HITMAN finished runner up behind Zeply on his debut in a newcomers hurdle here last month. That was a good effort and he can break his maiden tag today. The two newcomers (10) COOLABAH and (9) AVEN JOA are well bred and could be the main dangers to the selection. (8) GENET can make the frame.
(2) HITMAN – (10) COOLABAH – (9) AVEN JOA – (8) GENET
- THEIA – Best run to date when fifth to Miss Springsteen in a handicap at Lyon La Soie last month. Consider.
- NOUN – Just the one fourth place finish from six outings and that form will hardly be good enough.
- MISTER GABRIEL – Fourth behind New Bareliere in a claimer here in November. Not without a chance today.
- LADYPARI – Unplaced in all her six career runs to date including a handicap here last time out.
- HIGH PROOF – Just the one win from twenty two starts and her form seems to be going nowhere at the moment.
- NIGHT DEL RAIS – Just the one win from twenty one but was third in a handicap here early last month. Can be in the mix.
- RUE DAUPHINE – Second in a handicap at Maisons-Laffitte last May but has been disappointing since. Place claims.
- MEDIACHOPE – One win from sixteen career runs and was runner up in a few others. Up against it today.
- DELICATENESS – One place from six outings and will need to find something from somewhere to have a chance.
- ROYAUME – Placed a couple of times in thirteen career starts but very easy to look elsewhere today.
(1) THEIA produced her best run to date when fifth to Miss Springsteen on her reappearance in a handicap at Lyon La Soie last month. This is a good opportunity in an average contest to break her maiden tag. (6) NIGHT DEL RAIS was third in a handicap here early last month and a repeat of that will see her go close. (3) MISTER GABRIEL and (7) RUE DAUPHINE can make the frame.
(1) THEIA – (6) NIGHT DEL RAIS – (3) MISTER GABRIEL – (7) RUE DAUPHINE
- GRANACCI – Three length winner of a claimer over 1600m here last time out. Not without a chance.
- EL INGRATO – Consistent dual winner who has not run since early October. Place prospects here today.
- KARAKTAIR – A dual winner from nineteen and runner up in his latest three, two of them here. Leading player.
- ATOUT COEUR – A dual winner from eighteen starts. Last three starts have been disappointing. More needed.
- LIMERICK – Raised 2 Kg for his win in a handicap at Pornichet last time out but is respected here.
- DURBLING – Eight behind (1) GRANACCI in a claimer here last time out. Others are preferred.
- JOE BLINING – Third behind Vespaman in a handicap over this trip here last time out. Can be in the mix.
- LEYFFINE CHOPE – Unplaced in all three of her career starts to date. First run since last April. Hard to recommend.
- GOOD COMPLICITY – A dual winner from twenty three career runs but form seems to be on the downgrade at present.
- LARANZA – Creditable fifth of twelve in a handicap over 1600m here last time out. Tough test today.
(3) KARAKTAIR has been runner up in his latest three starts, two of them here, including behind Vespaman in a handicap over this trip on December 31st. He can confirm placings with (7) JOE BLINING who was close behind him in third place on that occasion. (1) GRANACCI and (5) LIMERICK are two more to consider.
(3) KARAKTAIR – (7) JOE BLINING – (1) GRANACCI – (5) LIMERICK
- GASTI GRETI – Missed all of 2018. Had a good start to his 2019 campaign but flopped in last three and must reaffirm.
- TOUZ DAY – Just the one win from fourteen but was a game third in his last two at Auteuil. Shortlisted.
- BABY BOY – Five wins from forty nine starts. Well beaten fifth in a Listed chase at Bordeaux in November.
- EDIBOUM – Two wins from seventeen runs and a close second to Enfant Roi in a chase here last month.
- DUFOU D’AIRY – Had not run since December of 2017 before a good third here last month. Can have a say.
- GREAT PAUL – Grand strike rate with ten wins from forty four including five times last year. Stiff test here.
- DIWELL STANG BLUN – A dual winner from eleven starts. A faller at Auteuil last time out but is a player here.
- YASMINAS – Won over hurdles at Agen in November and a good third in a chase here last month. Can have a say.
- ELYSIUM DES BOIS – Runner up behind Diamant Brut in a claiming chase at Craon last time out. More required.
- BANDERO – Fourth behind Laterana in a chase here last time out. Needs to improve on that today.
- TERRIBLE AIR – Well beaten sixth in a Cross Country chase here earlier this month. Others are preferred today.
- ROI D’OUDALLE – One-time winner from twenty three starts. Third in a handicap chase at Angers last month.
- BELAMIX DOR – Last of six finishers behind Dino Des Ongrais on her reappearance in a chase here last month.
- JOE DE CLERMONT – Fifth in a handicap hurdle at Angers last month and might find this just a little bit too competitive.
- MAESTRO DE LA VEGA – Did little of note in five runs last year and was pulled up over hurdles here this month.
A faller at Auteuil last time out (7) DIWELL STANG BLUN was a good runner up behind Saint Anjou in a handicap chase over 4100m at Compiegne on November 11th. He can get the better of (8) YASMINAS who won over hurdles at Agen in November and was a good third in a chase here last month. (2) TOUZ DAY and (5) DUFOU D’AIRY are also interesting.
(7) DIWELL STANG BLUN – (8) YASMINAS – (2) TOUZ DAY – (5) DUFOU D’AIRY
- PARISO – Three wins from seventeen runs. Could not be in better form arriving into this.
- QEENIE’S CASH – A two time winner from nine runs. Fair effort here last time out and a must for list.
- LA BARAKAS – One win from twenty. Placed in latest two here in good events and can go very close.
- CHANPOUR – Two wins from eleven runs. Should have some sort of an each way chance here at a good price.
- FAIT LA UNE – One success from half a dozen runs but pulled up on latest two tries. Impossible to fancy.
- FANTASTIC ROCK – One win from five runs. Just touched off by Matin Clair here last time. Very consistent bar one effort.
- MATIN CLAIR – Off the mark on fifth and last start when just beating Fantastic Rock here.
- PORTENTOSO – A dual winner from twenty runs. Unfortunate last time out but could bounce back here.
- FEELING DE SIVOLA – A dual winner from seven outings. Only out of the frame one time and a must for shortlist here.
- DIVA DES OBEAUX – Just the one win from fourteen and will do well to double that tally here.
- FESTINA DU LYS – Has won a fifth of her fifteen runs but could struggle to land this particular run.
- ZAPOROGUE – Two wins from eleven runs but not one to be putting too much money on it seems.
- GAZELLE DU BERLAIS – Runner up on the last of three runs which came here and is obviously unexposed.
- MAINVILLIERS – One win from five which came on his debut last season. Placed here last time but others preferred.
- DEUX FRERES – Placed on the last of three runs and will do well to be taking this at a big price.
- SUNKA REINE – Placed in the last two of her three runs and is totally unexposed so should improve.
- FAUT BIEN REVER – Just the one success from thirteen and cannot be fancied here at all it seems.
- BI BEACH – Has won a third of his nine runs but did pull up last time out so that is the concern.
The final race of a busy day and it has the maximum field so punters will have a tough ride. Two that are very much in form are (3) LA BARAKAS and (1) PARISO with just the slightest preference for the former. (6) FANTASTIC ROCK and (7) MATIN CLAIR are very closely matched on recent running. (9) FEELING DE SIVOLA has a shout also.
(3) LA BARAKAS – (1) PARISO – (6) FANTASTIC ROCK – (7) MATIN CLAIR – (9) FEELING DE SIVOLA