Good Question (Race 2) and Palavas (Race 5) seem to be the best bets on Tuesday at Cagnes-Sur-Mer in France. Here’s a summary of every race with selections as provided by Pari Mutual Urbain (PMU).
- TRIO BOLCHEVIK – Anodin colt on debut. Franck Blondel rides for trainer Keven Borgel.
- MARCUS ANTONIUS – Gelded son of Zanzibari trained by Jean-Michel Lefebvre. Alexandre Chesneau rides.
- COMPLET THON – Christophe Escuder-trained Hannouma colt on debut. Stephane Pasquier rides.
- MEMORY DREAM – Motivator gelding from the stable of Didier & Pauline Prod’homme. Theo Bachelot rides.
- TEPEKA – Well-bred Olympic Glory newcomer who Cristian Demuro rides for trainer Jean-Claude Rouget.
- LO STALONE – Keven Borgel-trained Stormy River gelding. Booking of Maxime Guyon catches the eye.
- TOUNGI BRAVO – Well-bred Acclamation colt on debut for trainer Jerome Reynier. Antonio Orani rides.
Newcomers’ race. Rouget-trained (5) TEPEKA is bred to be useful and must be followed from the outset. Acclamation colt (7) TOUNGI BRAVO also has good origins so warrants respect. Maxime Guyon is an eye-catching jockey booking aboard (6) LO STALONE who deserves a mention as a result. (4) MEMORY DREAM is another to keep an eye on. Intriguing opener!
(5) TEPEKA – (7) TOUNGI BRAVO – (6) LO STALONE – (4) MEMORY DREAM
- GOOD QUESTION – Consistent performer at this level and has a good Cagnes sur Mer record. One to beat.
- BOULEVARD – Outclassed in a Listed race last time but should find this a lot easier.
- DALVINI – Lightly raced but capable five-year-old entire. Has had his problems but could have a say if at his best.
- SOLEIL D’OCTOBRE – Showing signs of a return to form. Third in his last two and could get a look in.
- MORE THAN THIS – Well-performed eight-time winner with solid form credentials. Won’t be far off the mark.
- GUGUS DES BRIERES – Of little appeal on current form and hard to make a case for in this.
- MISS FRANCE – A winner in Australia and showed promise Bordeaux before two disappointing efforts. Others preferred.
- SOLMINA – Well-performed mare with 11 wins to her names but unlikely to shake things up here.
Good race. Course-and-distance winner (1) GOOD QUESTION has only once been beaten in three outings here and should be followed with great confidence on his comeback after a break. Top-rated (2) BOULEVARD is better than a disappointing last start suggests and is likely to pose a threat if bouncing back to his earlier form. (4) SOLEIL D’OCTOBRE comes next.
(1) GOOD QUESTION – (2) BOULEVARD – (4) SOLEIL D’OCTOBRE – (5) MORE THAN THIS
- AMERICAN APPLES – American Post debutante trained by Yann Barberot. Theo Bachelot rides.
- VIC SUMMER – Mathieu Boutin-trained Sommerabend filly on debut to be ridden by Hugo Journiac.
- CAYRAS SIDE – Sidestep newcomer on debut. Jean-Laurent Dubord trains, Anthony Crastus rides.
- RAFALE GLORY – Booking of Pierre-Charles Boudot is encouraging for this Olympic Glory debutante trained by Didier & Pauline Prod’homme.
- THE DREAMS – Well-related Dream Ahead newcomer who Cristian Demuro rides for Jean-Claude Rouget.
- SIXA – Well-bred Acclamation filly who is highly thought of. Expected to run well.
- FACT FINDING – Zoffany debutante who will benefit from her rider’s 1,5kg claim. Include.
- BELLA VISTA – Keven Borgel-trained Silver Frost filly who debuts under Franck Blondel.
As is the case in the opener, Jean-Claude Rouget is again well represented in this newcomers’ race for fillies. Zoffany filly (7) FACT FINDING has good origins and is bred to be useful, while well-related (5) THE DREAMS is another who, on pedigree, is likely to be good enough to play a role if ready. (6) SIXA is out of a well-performed racemare and another to keep an eye on.
(7) FACT FINDING – (5) THE DREAMS – (6) SIXA – (4) RAFALE GLORY
- NADEEM ALWARD – Has not been at his best of late but remains capable of having in a race like this. Consider.
- GREYWAY – Useful gelding in this handicap division but others make more appeal. Watch for now.
- HATARI – Not devoid of ability but is too unreliable to trust and others make more appeal.
- MISVA – Holding her form well. Battling to win but has earning potential in this.
- TENORIO – Consistent for the most part and better on the turf. Could play a minor role.
- BE MY PRINCE – One time winner from sixteen. Has done little of note at handicap level – others preferred.
- SANT ANGELO – Last-start winner. Has more to do in this and has no more than a place chance.
- RED KITTEN – Has done little more than a year now but is on a career-low mark so could surprise.
- DOBBY FIRST – Was in fine form and bidding for a hat-trick prior to being well beaten in last two starts.
- MARK OF EXCELLENCE – Consistent for the most part and rewarded with last-start success. Confirmation expected.
- DIAMANT DE VATI – Has not won a race since December 2017 but always gives everything he has. Outside chance.
- DANCE COLONY – Showing signs of improvement in recent starts but needs to do more to play a role.
- VIA CAPPELLA – Broke his duck when winning a handicap at Le Croise-Laroche late last year. More needed.
- MAHARAD – Eight-time winner from more than 60 starts but not up to scratch at the minute. Work to do.
- ACHKI – Has just the one win from 19 starts. Modest recently and not recommended here.
(10) MARK OF EXCELLENCE impressed in winning last time out and need only repeat that effort to go in again. (9) DOBBY FIRST may have fluffed his lines in his last two starts but enjoyed a relatively productive 2019 and could keep the selection honest if reproducing his best form. (4) MISVA and (12) DANCE COLONY also have the means to stake a claim.
(10) MARK OF EXCELLENCE – (9) DOBBY FIRST – (4) MISVA – (12) DANCE COLONY – (5) TENORIO
- PALAVAS – Has been in good heart and form for more than a year now and is expected to give this a good go.
- ROCQUEMONT – Has improved significantly for new yard since August and must be seriously considered.
- INDYCO – Enjoying a very productive run on the fibresand and could have a role to play.
- RONCEY – Last-start winner who boasts a a very good strike rate. Will be competitive.
- BIG PANTHER – Rewarded for consistency with last-start success. Will find this tougher.
- CASHBAG – Has been extremely consistent since April and won a Class 2 at Marseille Borely recently. Leading player.
- DIWAN SENORA – Showing signs of improvement but needs to do more to play a role in this.
- NEWTON – Running well, winning his last two. Tougher task here though and unlikely to complete the hat-trick.
- VOLFANGO – Good class of horse who won a Listed race here last February. Capable but erratic.
- CREPUSCULEDESDIEUX – Bounced back to form with a last-start success. Confirmation required.
Consistent (1) PALAVAS filled the runner-up berth in a good race when last seen in November and, on the strength of that display, will be hard to hold out in this. (2) ROCQUEMONT has maintained his form and consistency since the summer and should give the selection most to fear.(6) CASHBAG and (4) RONCEY also have the credentials to play a role.
(1) PALAVAS – (2) ROCQUEMONT – (6) CASHBAG – (4) RONCEY
- DAISY BERE – UK import who won at handicap level three starts back but has failed to confirm.
- PAKISTAN TREASURE – Disappointing last two runs after consecutive thirds. Capable of better.
- CAP ROCAT – Can be a bit hit and miss but has been holding form recently. Player.
- END OF STORY – Had a good start to 2019 but has not been so effective of late and must reaffirm.
- VITABELLA – Better than a disappointing last start suggests and should give this a good go.
- JESSY LOVE – Has not won for some time but seldom finishes far off the mark either. Place chance.
- GOTTINGEN – Running well of late and in current shape should have a role to play in this.
- STAR OF PARIS – Erratic but capable last-start winner. Won’t be far off the mark in this.
- SHOT IN THE DARK – Inconsistent last-start winner. Capable on his day and No 1 draw helps.
- ROZANNE – In poor form and not expected to shake things up here. Easily passed over.
- DARK ROAD – Capable but erratic performer. Hard to trust but as hard to rule out.
- LE RING – Running well of late despite getting on in age. Could have a role to play.
- MIRASOL – Recent form fails to provide any sort of confidence so is best watched for now.
- ASTERION – Has been struggling of late and is unlikely to pose any threat in his current shape.
(5) VITABELLA has already succeeded in this category and travels to the Riviera with big ambitions. He is better than his last starts suggests and is expected to get back in the game. (3) CAP ROCAT has been carefully prepared for this commitment and appreciates this track, so is likely to pose a threat. (7) GOTTINGEN arrives in good form and should give another competitive account, while (8) STAR OF PARIS could also get a look in if confirming recent improvement.
(5) VITABELLA – (3) CAP ROCAT – (7) GOTTINGEN – (8) STAR OF PARIS
- BONARDA – UK import who has maintained form and consistency recently. Has claims.
- INDIAN JEWEL – Disappointing last start and needs to reaffirm to play a role. Watch for now.
- DELACHANCE – Made a winning start to the year recently and with a similar effort could surprise.
- DREAM WITH YOU – Capable of earning on best form, though recent efforts inspire little confidence.
- GLORIOUS EMARATY – Still a maiden after 14 attempts and is basically a complete outsider.
- ELEVEN O TWO – Good recent form and likely to play another role in this. Leading player.
- LE MARAIS – Consistent performer in this class of event. Should give a good account.
- VAN MAYOR – Last-start winner with useful form credentials. Could have a say in this.
- CAROLINGIEN – Showed signs of a return to form last time and should have a say if confirming.
- COLLECT CALL – Out of sorts and unlikely to shake things up in current shape. Others preferred.
- MADISON VANZALES – Back in business of late but needs to find more to get a look in here.
- VAERYA – Running well, winning two of her last three starts. Faces a tougher task.
- ADELIZ – Will need to improve markedly on recent form to get a look in here. Easily passed over.
- MONTFIQUET – Did little of note during 2019 and is difficult to make a case for in this.
- LA MIRADA – Uninspiring and erratic recent form. Needs to raise her game considerably.
Consistent (7) LE MARAIS caught the eye again last time out and, with a repeat of that effort, should play a leading role. (9) CAROLINGIEN finished ahead of that rival in their recent meeting so makes obvious appeal and will have his supporters too. Fillies (1) BONARDA and (6) ELEVEN O TWO are in good form and must also be respected, while (3) DELACHANCE isn’t without a chance either in a competitive contest.
(7) LE MARAIS – (9) CAROLINGIEN – (1) BONARDA – (6) ELEVEN O TWO