Paris – Joe Francais (Race 5) is regarded as the best bet on Thursday at Cagnes-Sur-Mer in France. Here’s a summary of every race with selections as provided by Pari Mutual Urbain (PMU).
- GOLDEN RASH – Five time winner from forty nine including a handicap at Lyon La Soie this month. Big chance.
- MEJAEN – Fifth behind Mets la Ouache in a Class 3 handicap here on Monday. Cannot be ruled out.
- AUEN ADVENTURE – A dual winner from eight runs which both came at Strasbourg early last summer. More required.
- CARNAGEO – Enjoyed a good sequence in first half of 2019 but has not recaptured this form. Hard to recommend.
- VISION DE ROLAND – Half a dozen wins from forty eight outings. Sixth in a claimer at Lyon La Soie last month.
- BLUE DIAMOND – Disappointing at Deauville in November and in a Class 3 handicap here recently. More needed.
- AJMANY – Won a Class 4 claimer at Pornichet in November. Fair fifth in a handicap here eight days ago.
Runner up in a claimer at Lyon La Soie last month (1) GOLDEN RASH got back to winning ways in a handicap there last time out. He is the selection to defy a penalty today. (2) MEJAEN finished fifth behind Mets la Ouache in a Class 3 handicap here on Monday and looks the main danger. (7) AJMANY is next best.
(1) GOLDEN RASH – (2) MEJAEN – (7) AJMANY – (5) VISION DE ROLAND
- RAABIHAH – By Sea The Stars and will be the first foal to run out of a dam that was unraced.
- ROSA ALPINA – By Pedro The Great and will be the third foal to run out of a dam that has produced one winner.
- AMBOISE MENANTIE – By Anodin and is a half sister to Royal Menantie who was a Listed winner at Vichy.
- DILALA – By Mafki and will be the sixth foal to run out of a dam that has produced three winners.
- KITKITTY – By Olympic Glory and is a half sister to Kapour who was a Listed winner at Saint-Cloud.
- SUMMERTIME BREEZE – By Nathaniel and is a half sister to Avenue Gabriel who was a Listed winner in Ireland.
- SEMILLANTE – By Stormy River and will be the third foal to run out of a dam that has produced one winner.
- MARIDA – By Dabirsim and is a half sister to Marinka who was Listed placed twice in Italy.
- ROCHE LIMIT – By Intello and will be the third foal to run out of a dam that has produced two winners.
By Sea The Stars the Hamdan Al Maktoum owned filly (1) RAABIHAH can make a winning debut today before going on to better things. (3) AMBOISE MENANTIE is a half sister to Royal Menantie who was a Listed winner at Vichy and must be respected. (5) KITKITTY is a half sister to Kapour who was a Listed winner at Saint-Cloud and is another to consider. (7) SEMILLANTE is next best.
(1) RAABIHAH – (3) AMBOISE MENANTIE – (5) KITKITTY – (7) SEMILLANTE
- SHIBLI – By Muhaarar and will be the first foal to run out of a dam that won one from three starts.
- IPHITOS – By Olympic Glory and will be the second foal to run out of a dam that was unraced.
- AUREC – By Zanzibari and is a half brother to London Protocol who was Listed placed at Deauville.
- PARDONNE MOI – By Showcasing and will be the second foal to run out of a dam that has produced a winner.
- LOQUITO – By Night Of Thunder and is a half brother to Magnanime who was a Listed winner at Chantilly.
- AMAN – By Intello and will be the fourth foal to run out of a dam that has produced three winners.
- PORT GUILLAUME – By Le Havre and is a full brother to Aubevoye who was a Listed winner at Compiegne.
- NO TURNING – By Clodovil and will be the second foal to run out of a dam that was a winner in Germany.
- HIGHLANDER MADRIK – By Masterstroke and will be the second foal to run out of a dam that won four times over fences.
- BOKEN – By Kendargent and is a full brother to Kenbaio who was Group Three placed at Chantilly last year.
By Le Havre (7) PORT GUILLAUME is a full brother to Aubevoye who won a Class 2 race here on Monday and was a Listed winner at Compiegne in 2018. He gets the vote ahead of his stable companion (1) SHIBLI who is out of a dam that was a winner on the PSF at Lyon La Soie. (6) AMAN and (4) PARDONNE MOI can make the frame.
(7) PORT GUILLAUME – (1) SHIBLI – (6) AMAN – (4) PARDONNE MOI
- SAGA TIMGAD – Won a claimer at Saint-Cloud in November and was sixth in a handicap here recently. Consider.
- CONSTANTINO – Has been consistent in this division since imported from UK and cannot be ruled out.
- DAX OTEA – Won a handicap on the turf at Chantilly in October but has been disappointing in her last four.
- ANGEL ISLINGTON – Won a claimer at Deauville in August but has disappointed in her four runs since then.
- DELACHANCE – Won a claimer at Deauville earlier this month and was seventh in a handicap here recently. Place claims.
- ALFIERI – Ultra-consistent 13-time winner who was placed in a couple of Class 2 races this winter. Respected.
- ABSILON – Well beaten in both of his career starts at Deauville and really makes very little appeal.
- KINGOFTHEDREAMERS – Sixth of eleven on his debut in a Class 3 race on the PSF here five days ago. Others preferred.
- WINK OLIVER – Six wins from seventeen starts in France including four of them last year. First run since September 22nd.
- AGRAMANTE – Has won three of his eleven career starts in Italy. Tough test on his French debut.
- NAVALIS – Just the one win from eighteen starts which came in Belgium. French debut today. Not recommended.
- LUCKY LIPS – Has not run since October 26th when sixth in a handicap in Germany. Won a claimer at Deauville last July.
(1) SAGA TIMGAD won a claimer at Saint-Cloud in November and was sixth behind El Caliente in a handicap here recently. He can get the better of (6) ALFIERI who was placed in a couple of Class 2 races at Deauville this winter and must be respected. (2) CONSTANTINO and (5) DELACHANCE are two more to consider.
(1) SAGA TIMGAD – (6) ALFIERI – (2) CONSTANTINO – (5) DELACHANCE
- MICHLIFEN – One success from ten runs and may well have a small each way chance here.
- FEDERSPIELER – One win from half a dozen tries. Absent since last July and that has to be a major concern.
- JOE FRANCAIS – Won the first two of five runs and last seen when eleventh in the Prix du Jockey Club. Form choice.
- CHOUAIN – A dual winner from ten runs. Absent since last May when second. Should be involved.
- MARYLIN – One success from thirteen runs. Has a small chance of the frame but possibly not to win.
- AQUASTAR – Just the two starts and was third on the last of those at ParisLongchamp in October.
- GOLDLADY – One success from eight but has not shown enough in the other seven to merit support.
- LJUBA – Unplaced on both her runs to date but surely has to be ranked a huge outsider here.
The reappearance of the very useful (3) JOE FRANCAIS should add a few numbers to the turn styles here. He has been absent since running unplaced in the Prix du Jockey Club but should take this if anywhere near peak fitness. (4) CHOUAIN will make it a viable forecast. (6) AQUASTAR and (1) MICHLIFEN can fill the places.
(3) JOE FRANCAIS – (4) CHOUAIN – (6) AQUASTAR – (1) MICHLIFEN
- CONNECTED – A three time winner from fifty five and another one is well overdue at this moment in time.
- ZINZICHERA – Eight wins from fifty eight runs. Form has become very hit and miss and overlooked.
- FALBALA LE DUN – A dual winner from fifteen runs. Difficult to fancy in overall terms today.
- PETITE MILANAISE – A dual winner from thirty one runs. Is oh so consistent and surely a big player.
- MER ET JARDIN – Half a dozen wins from sixty. Must better recent few efforts to hold any hope here.
- DILBER – Three wins from thirty runs and the handicapper could surely relent a little bit more.
- AMIE INTIME – A five time winner from fifty seven starts and has the form to be competitive here.
- TEMPLE BOY – Five time winner from fifty five runs but recent form is a big worry to be honest here.
- TROIS ROSES – A three time scorer from thirty two but is another one that is difficult to predict.
- JACK SPARROW – Ten time winning veteran but is probably best watched here and no bet.
- MAGNETIQUE – Four wins from thirty two runs . Third in latest two including here last time.
- RUBY DU NINIAN – Still a maiden after thirteen. Placed in latest two at Marseille Borely so should be winning soon.
- ZABELIA – Still a maiden after twenty three. Looks pretty easy enough to dismiss here too.
- ROSE IN MARCH – One win from fourteen runs which came on penultimate start. Back from short absence last time.
- TARCENAY – One win from twenty nine which came on penultimate start but poor last time.
- RAGAZZINO – Yet to place in eight starts and surely is best left alone here today as well.
- MAJOR’SALSA – One win from thirty runs and most unlikely to double that score here today.
A huge field of runners go to post for this so obviously bets should be kept to a minimum. (4) PETITE MILANAISE may be worth a small interest as she is useful and also is ultra consistent. (1) CONNECTED has to be of some interest at a good price. (7) AMIE INTIME and (11) MAGNETIQUE are sure to have frame claims as will (14) ROSE IN MARCH.
(4) PETITE MILANAISE – (1) CONNECTED – (7) AMIE INTIME – (11) MAGNETIQUE – (14) ROSE IN MARCH
- MAKENZO – A three time winner from thirty one runs but looks a big outsider here.
- RIQUET – Thrice a winner from thirty one runs. Gone a long time without a score however.
- BLOCKING BET – A three time winner from twenty three including last two at Deauville so very much one to watch.
- MEDHA – Four time winner from forty but needs to find a fair amount to be competitive.
- COPPER BAKED – Five time scorer from thirty one but recent numbers look very disappointing.
- GO FAST – Four time winner from forty one and a welcome return to form last time at this venue.
- PEACEFUL CITY – Four time scorer from forty seven. Runner up last time at Lyon La Soie.
- TAKADIYR – Seven successes from thirty nine but must better latest few efforts to have any hope.
- LIVING STATE – One win from sixteen runs but will do well to double that particular tally.
- SINGULIER – One win from ten starts and still has a rather unexposed look about him.
- CRYSTAL BEACH ROAD – Half a dozen wins from eighty seven runs. Will do well to trouble the judge however.
- FORTUNE DE FLANDRE – Six wins from sixty runs. Finished eighth in latest two tries and must better those.
- SCOTTISH SUN – Eight time winner from ninety five starts. Hard to be too enthusiastic about chances.
- FINEHA – Just the one win from twenty one runs but did place in latest two tries at Toulouse.
- MAGIC MYSTERY – Three wins from thirty three. Sixth in latest four efforts no less. More required.
- ZABAWA – Just the one victory from thirty one runs and really looks impossible to fancy.
- SALUT LIONEL – Five wins from fifty five. Placed in latest three and very much in form for this.
A viciously wide open contest. A small few euros on (17) SALUT LIONEL is well worth the risk though as this one has been running very consistently recently and looks sure to give it a good go. (6) GO FAST will probably start favourite and is a big player. (5) COPPER BAKED and (4) MEDHA will be fancied and that remark applies to (3) BLOCKING BET also.
(17) SALUT LIONEL – (6) GO FAST – (5) COPPER BAKED – (4) MEDHA – (3) BLOCKING BET
- ROYALIST – One success from ten runs and still has a rather unexposed look about him.
- ASTROLOGIA – A dual winner from thirteen runs including last time out at Cholet so very much in form. Back from short break.
- STARSTRUCK – Four wins from fourteen runs including last two and very much a contender here.
- KARMA SEEKER – One success from thirteen runs. Difficult to be too bullish about here.
- GIMME JOY – A dual winner from eleven runs. Runner up in latest four tries and a must for shortlist.
- LALA DANCE – One win from ten runs and has some other good form to be given a chance here.
- PLAGE KELLER – One win from fourteen outings. Has to find a little from somewhere here.
- CENTAURUS – One success from seventeen outings and will do well to double that tally here.
- SATANIQUE – One success from nine runs but has had issues and very lightly raced in recent times.
- PATNA DREAM – Broke the ice on fourteenth and last effort which came at Maisons Laffitte in October so who knows now.
- TARASIF – One success from eleven runs and could be still somewhat unexposed to be fair.
- ARROZ – Won on debut but has had eleven unsuccessful tries since that day so more needed.
- ABORIGENE – Just the one win from nineteen but may still have an outside chance of the frame.
- FINJAANS ROSE – One win from a dozen starts. Difficult enough to fancy however at this moment in time.
One has to hope that (5) GIMME JOY is well named with a view to this particular contest. The selection has been runner up in her last four and surely deserves a change of luck. Boudot is certainly a big help. (6) LALA DANCE should be well in the mix . (2) ASTROLOGIA and (11) TARASIF are dangerous also.
(5) GIMME JOY – (6) LALA DANCE – (2) ASTROLOGIA – (11) TARASIF