Tips and race-by-race analysis of Friday’s harness meeting at Meslay-du-Maine in France.
TAB BETS for this meeting = ALL RACES: Commingled Win, Place, Exacta OR Swinger and Quinella (FIRST, SECOND any order).
All bets R1 unit, minimum bet R6 (minimum EACHWAY Bet = R3 Win, R3 Place = R6).
French PMU Tote Rules: SWINGER and QUINELLA if 8 or more runners, EXACTA if 4 to 7 runners. PLACE: Less than 4 runners no Place betting, 4-7 runners payouts FIRST, SECOND, 8 or more runners payouts FIRST, SECOND, THIRD.
If more than 30 carded, TAB operates SA pools on race and TAB SA rules apply. In such races all runners numbered 30 and higher are bracketed as Number 30, which can only qualify once for dividend purposes.
TELEVISION: No broadcast.
Phumelela TAB: call bets only = call venue key 84 to bet. Gold Circle: mark SPD oval
11:30 Benevoles – Attele, 3yo only
(10) HANGELA showed plenty of promise placing third over 2700m at Machecoul in early March. Open to significant progression and must be a leading contender. (11) HESPERANCE ELTE was an eye catching second at Mauquenchy on debut. Improvement likely. (12) HINGALA VRIE finished third at Caen in early March and is making headway with each experience. (13) HEROINE ALDO holds each way claims.
12:00 Paris-turf – Attele, 3yo only
(9) HAPPY DE LA COTE made a promising start to his career with a second at Cherbourg in March. Open to further progress and rates highly. (13) HYACINTO BELLO showed considerable improvement to place third at Caen. Potential to get involved in closing stages. (14) HETRE D’OURVILLE is having second career run. Second at Caen on debut and bold bid anticipated. (16) HANNIBAL TUILERIE holds each way claims.
12:30 Masina – Attele, 6yo to 7yo
(15) EMILY DE MONTFORT seems comfortable at this level and was last seen placing third at Caen in a similar contest. Opportunity to break through for a success. (4) ELEGANT DU LUPIN chases a third consecutive victory. Recent wins have come against easier competition and taking a well deserved step up in grade. (8) DARD ROC bounced back to form with a third in latest and rates well. (2) EADSHOT JOSSELYN is looking for a double after comfortable win at Lyon la Soie.
1:00 Sirone – Attele, 4yo only
(5) GALIA DRY has shown plenty of promise in first three career starts. Started season with two comfortable wins and since placed a good second at Reims. Returns after a break. (9) GITANE DU LUPIN makes seasonal reappearance. Yet to finish out of the top two in three career starts. (10) GADROTINE D’ECHAL fought hard for a narrow success at Niort in September and can make a winning start to the campaign. (8) GARDE MOI HAUFOR holds each way claims.
1:30 Aropiz – La Sauce Pizza Des (gr A) – Attele, 4yo only
(6) GASPARD DU PALAIS has won and placed past two outings. Expected to take step up in class without issue. Leading chance. (12) GOSSE FREDANO is chasing a double after comfortable victory at Bihorel. Making progress with each run. (9) GO QUICKLY narrowly missed the frame last two attempts and can reverse fortunes. (1) GREEN EYES may appreciate the drop in class and improve.
2:07 Aropiz – La Sauce Pizza Des (gr B) – Attele, 4yo only
(4) GIAC JOLI is taking a well-deserved step up in class after a victory at Angers. Open to further progression and rates highly. (1) GARDE A VOUS had a successful campaign in 2019 with two wins from eight attempts. Returns after a long absence. (12) GRISBI DU DOLLAR is making seasonal reappearance. Demonstrated ability with two victories at Caen last preparation. (6) GORESTAN has the potential to finish in the frame.
2:41 Antigone – Monte, 6yo to 9yo
(13) ESPACE WINNER has to be considered following a handicap success at Mauquenchy. Plenty of ability at this level and bold bid anticipated. (15) EAGLE MESLOIS drops significantly in grade after well-beaten in class A company at Vincennes. Considerable improvement expected against easier competition. (5) CASH DU DEZERT has finished just out of the placings past three outings. Can get closer. (2) ECREUIL PHIL holds each way claims.
3:15 Hevelius – Attele, 5yo only
(16) FLOCON DIGEO has a strong record at this distance and will be aiming to go back-to-back after a comfortable success at Nantes in February. Leading chance. (15) FULTON is chasing a hat-trick. Showed ability scoring by 9.9m at Vincennes in latest and can add another success to the tally. (18) FAMEUX DESTIN was last seen placing in a handicap at Agen and has some useful form in the book. (13) FRANKY SATYNE holds each way claims.
3:49 Centaures – Attele, 7yo to 9yo
(10) CELESTE DESTIN has been in the frame three times from last four outings and nears another victory. Multiple winner last campaign and must be respected. (8) DJUMBO VOLO showed better form to be second at Graignes in early March. Potential contender. (12) CARRERA DU CLOSET has been making headway in recent outings. Last seen placing second at Amiens. (5) DIMITRI NAY could feature if race-fit on seasonal reappearance.