Phumelela and the Racing Association are delighted to announce that racehorse owners and their guests can go racing again at Phumelela racecourses from the race meeting at the Vaal tomorrow 2 July.
Private-box holders at Turffontein and their guests can go racing at all Turffontein race meetings.
This follows Government’s easing of level three COVID-19 restrictions. Unavoidably, such attendance at race meetings by owners, private-box holders and their guests is subject to various conditions listed below:
* They must register in advance by email or calling the relevant number as outlined below. Required information includes the vehicle registration number and the names of guests.
* Private-box holders will be required to sign an indemnity form upon arrival.
* There will be NO access to the parade ring or grandstand. The front parade rings at Vaal and Turffontein will be used again, enabling owners to view their horses from the venue they are in.
* Only ONE owner or nominated representative will be permitted to lead in the winner.
* Parking and access to racecourses will be as stipulated below. As per government regulations, everybody’s temperature will be checked and their hands sanitized before admittance and they will then be issued with an accreditation wrist band. Any person not wearing a face mask will NOT be allowed entry and such face masks must be worn at all times except when eating and drinking. Social distancing must be strictly observed at all times.
* NO consumption of alcohol allowed anywhere on any racecourse
* Any person with an underlying health condition (a co-morbidity linked to the COVID-19 virus) is discouraged from attending.
Access via main boom entrance on Turf Club Street; parking as directed in the officials’ car park.
Elevation Room (Racing Association members): Register by calling Angie (011) 683 3220 or emailing [email protected] – maximum capacity 150 people; basic plated meals only.
Furious Room: Register by calling Patience (011) 681 1702 or email [email protected] – maximum capacity 100 people; basic plated meals only.
Private boxes: Register by calling Patience on (011) 681 1702 or email [email protected] – 50% capacity per box.
Access via main-entrance gate only and parking as directed.
Owners and Trainers facility: Register by calling Angie or email [email protected] – maximum capacity 100 people; basic plated meals only.
Access via main gate only and parking as directed.
HB Christian Room: Register by calling Gail on (041) 372 1859 or email [email protected] – maximum capacity 150 people; basic plated meals only.